Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Children's day 8- 15 days old

Rounds today were ok. The doctors work on 2 week blocks so Chance's new doctor is doctor Moore. He's actually the director of the unit. I like him a lot. Very nice and informative.

I'm waiting to hear back from the NP to see what they're planning as far as his surgery to close the PDA which is a major blood vessel that connects the two chambers in the heart. Improbably thought he was needing heart surgery hit I was glad to hear today that they won't be touching the heart to close the valve.

They're still watching the drain he has in. He'll be on antibiotics until next Tuesday. They will attempt feedings at that point.

Other than that, he's been resting well and had an uneventful say. Which in the NICU= good news!

Ashley, my teammate, came by my house for a visit today. My wonderful Pinkerton family collected all kinds of gift cards to use at restaurants. What a HUGE blessing that will be especially once my dad leaves after Christmas. Thank y'all so much!

3 comments:

  1. Yea, Today is good! Having the same team of docs for 2 weeks is great. Continuity is really helpful.
    May God's blessings be upon you, Chance.
    "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made." Psalm 139: 13-14

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad today went great!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prayers are with you, Ashley, Joc & little Chance. Inside the womb, the Patent Ductus Arteriosis allows the Mother's oxygenated blood to circulate in the fetus, bypassing the baby's lungs. It has to be closed in order for the lungs & heart to work properly. The positive pressure of the full term baby's first breath usually causes this vessel to shut off normally. It is not uncommon for it to be open when a baby is born prematurely. You are in the best place to have the surgery, Ashley. They are experts there. My prayers continue along with my families'. Love you all, Jan

    ReplyDelete