Thursday, December 13, 2012

24 days old and more + news

                     ...:::doing a happy dance!...:::

Our God is an awesome God! Chance is on a slow, steady path of recovery.

His brain scan results showed a grade 1 bleed, same as before. This is good news taking into account his PDA, surgery, and NEC which were all problems that could've made the bleed worsen.

Dr. Moore said he could possibly be taken off ventilator and move to a cpap as early as tomorrow!!

Surgery for his drain will re look early next week, which changed from originally next Wedn.

On a plus note, which usually wouldn't excite people but he's stooled 3x in the past 2 days!! 4 total in his little lifetime. Why am I so excited might you ask?! It shows 2 things... 1. That his bowels and intestine are moving forward and in the right direction and 2. The more bm's he has, the less likely he still has a perforation in his bowels. We'll just pray and wait. I'm becoming quite the expert at those two activities!

I went up to my school this morning to watch their musical program. They all were so excited to see me which made me sad. I really do miss those little guys. There 2 main ?'s were, How is Chance and Is Raspberry dead?! Raspberry is our class Beta fish pet. Just to make it clear, Raspberry is alive and well. He is currently residing on the highest shelf in our den so my cat Bella won't be tempted!! ;-)

I say Chance's birthday verse (Jeremiah 29:11) to him everyday and over and over to myself throughout the day. This verse gives me so much peace and hope for his future.

Thank you so much for all your comments. I love reading them! Don't forget to put your name in the comment because if you're not signed up with a google account it, it's shows up as anonymous.

My nurse today said, "wow, he can skip rope with all those beads!"

5 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad to hear such great news!
    Love,
    Megan and Ricky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Romans 12:12 Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.


    Great news!Love to all of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved seeing you up at school today! :) We miss you! I'm so proud of baby Chance, he is a fighter! God has great things instore for y'all! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In case you don't know who I am, I attend Temple Baptist Church. I love reading your blogs on Chance's improvement each day and also love seeing the pictures of him - even though they make me tear up. The above comment is true - God has great things planned to y'all. Give Chance a kiss for me. He such a precious little boy! Amanda Helt

    ReplyDelete
  5. It made me sad to see you at school today too because I could so tell you wanted to be there with your kids. I'm so sorry. They talk about you every day and are always asking when you are coming back and lots of sweet (and sometimes silly questions- "Hasn't Mrs. Cappelli heard of a stroller- she can just wheel him into our class!"Just know that his birthday verse is for you too. God is using you in a huge way right now to glorify Him through all of this-hard as it is. Stay strong in His power.

    ReplyDelete