Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Children's day 2

Chance had a rough night. We were called around 10:30 and all we heard was problem after problem. He was having trouble keeping his blood pressure up so they had to give Hydrocortisone which is a steroid. He's still on Dopamine which helps maintain his blood pressure. As of now, he is still very sick.

The doctor showed us an X-ray of his lungs and explained to us that his lungs are very damaged. What he is seeing at 1 week of life is what he would expect to see at 1 month or after. It's a doubled edged sword because the ventilator is what's causing the lung disease but at the same time, the ventilator is saving his life.

The drain is doing what it's supposed to at this point. Chance is being watched very closely and surgery is still very much an option at this point.

The staff here are very friendly. Our main doctor, Dr. Savani- a neonatologist, is a compassionate and honest man. After speaking with him, the 2 month mark is when we should see a turn around.

Joc and I have 100% without a doubt turned Chance's life over to our Lord and savior. HE is the ultimate healer and will do with Chance as he sees fit. Joc and I have to be okay with whatever HE chooses to do with him at this point. If HE chooses to take our first born son, we will never understand on a human level why. The only solace we have if that happens is knowing our sweet, little baby boy Chance will be waiting for us in heaven.

So for now it's hour by hour. The medical staff basically waits for Chance to tell them what he needs and they respond accordingly.

As of now, please pray specifically for:

Healing of his acute lung disease.
Healing of his intestines, abdomen, and stomach.
Healing of the grade 1 bleeding in his brain.

I'm keeping track of scriptures that God gives to me and others my sweet friends send. Here are a few:

Deut. 31:8 "And the Lord, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear or be dismayed."

Ps. 107:20 - He sent His Word (Jesus) and healed Chance and delivered him from destruction.

Ps. 91:16 - With long life will I satisfy Chance and show him My salvation.

Ps. 118:17 - Chance will not die, but live and declare the works of the Lord.

Jer. 33:6 - Behold, I will bring health and healing to Chance. I will heal Chance and will let him enjoy abundant peace and security. (I love the word behold because the original translation means: "Watch and See"!) <-- thank u Marnie

Matthew 7:7
Ask, Seek, Knock

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you. (1 Peter 5:10 KJV) <--- thank u Michelle

Love to all.

5 comments:

  1. Still praying for ya'll!!
    Jer. 33:3 comes to my mind right now.
    "Call unto me and I WILL answer thee and SHOW you GREAT AND MIGHTY THINGS which thou knowest not." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley-
    I just got this link for Chance from Ashley. I have been praying Ephesians 1:18-20: "I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which He has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in His holy people and His incomparably great power for those of us who believe." Please know that I am praying for you, Joc and Chance throughout the day and that while you are out- your classroom is running smoothly and your sweet class is being taken care of. If there is anything that I can do for you, please let me know.
    Sincerely In Christ-Lorie Irland (your long term sub)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, your strength is amazing and a wonderful witness! Will be praying specifically for those items. Here is another verse for you...
    3 John 1:2 "Beloved I wish above all things that thou (Chance) mayest prosper and be in health, even as thou soul prospereth."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley,
    I know you are physically and emotionally exhausted over all that's going on, but I am so impressed with how strong your faith is and that you are putting Chance's fate in God's hands. I am constantly praying that it is God's will for Chance to fight through this and grow stronger and healthier everyday. I am also praying for the doctors and nurses that are taking care of him that God will guide them in making the right decisions about his care. I found a couple of Bible verses for you too.
    Proverbs 3:5-6

    5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;

    6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
    and he will make your paths straight.

    Psalm 55:22 Cast your cares on the LORD
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never let the righteous fall.

    Be strong!
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashley and family,
    Our church & family are praying for Baby Chance and you all.
    Jeremiah 22:37 Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there anything too hard for me?
    Luke 1:37 With God, nothing shall be impossible.
    God Bless You and Baby Chance,
    Jonna (Jan's sister)

    ReplyDelete