Friday, November 30, 2012

Children's Day 4 -11 days old

Chance had an awesome night last night!  Yay for him!!  He definitely deserved a good night.  After rounds today with the doctor, Chance is pretty stable.  The surgeon came around this morning and looked at his drain and changed the bag.  He's still pleased with the results and surgery isn't immediately needed at this time.  All his levels are where they should be.  The light therapy is no longer needed. His jaundice levels were way down.  

The team will re-discuss tomorrow about taking out the IV line they have connected through his belly button which connects to a main artery.  I can't do Kangaroo Care until it's taken out.  There's pro's and con's to having it in.  It can cause infection or a fungal infection being left in but he's on antibiotics and an anti fungal now, so infection won't happen.  The pro's of having it in: they get a accurate reading of his blood pressure and when they need blood for various tests, they take it right from the line instead of having to stick him each time.  So, it helps the doctors and nurses out by leaving it in but they said there's other ways to measure those things when it's taken out.

I told the doctor that I wanted it left in as long as they thought it necessary.  I've waited this long to hold my precious baby, so I'll continue to be patient.  

My little guy is such a fighter!!

We're just praying for God to show a miracle in Chance.  Specifically for the healing of his bowels and no surgery will be needed.  For the healing of his lungs.  For the PDA in his heart to be closed.  For the Grade 1 bleeding his brain to subside and not worsen.  There's so much more to pray for but I'm mostly worried about the most critical.

 He spent most of the morning contently sucking on a purple pacifier.   

My good friends Michelle and Charlotte came to meet Mr. Chance today.  It was nice to take my mind off things for a bit and grab some lunch!  
 
By the way, that is Charlotte's wonderful singing voice you hear in the video!!!!


















2 comments:

  1. I prayed exactly "to have a good night" last night on my knees. God is answering everyone's prayers. Now praying for the healing of the bowels and lungs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a very handsome baby boy praying for you

    ReplyDelete