Sunday, November 25, 2012

Ready or Not...Welcome Chance McCoy!


November 18th started off like any typical Saturday. I got up and had a nice, big breakfast at Cracker Barrel with Natalie and Chelsea (2 childhood friends). I ran around all day and Joc and I had dinner that night. Around 8:00,  we got ready for bed (yes, I said 8 pm) we are like old people in 30 year old bodies!! At 8:30, I started getting contractions. At first,  I just thought they were Braxton hicks so I thought, oh they will go away. Well, they didn't and they started to get pretty painful.  I told Joc that something wasn't right, I didn't feel right.

This went on for about 2 hours. I was googling preterm labor symptoms and timing my contractions they were every 3 minutes. My stomach turned so I got up to walk around and wound up throwing up.  I stood up and BURST, my water broke.

Joc obviously heard it, man was it loud. He jumped out of bed as I'm standing there FREEEEAAAKKKING OUT.  I was frozen with shock and fear.  I was in my bathroom and instead of grabbing a towel from there I ran all through the house to the laundry room to get an old towel. I threw on a robe and as Joc tossed my poor Maverick who didn't know what was happening in his crate.

We drove (very fast!) to Las Colinas because that's one of the hospitals my doctor delivers and it’s closest to us. I was actually registered to deliver at Presby Flowermound.

I got the hospital and ran into the emergency room and of course no one is at the window to help us.  I'm half covered with my robe and towel and still majorly dripping. Oh gosh, I'm sure I was a sight to be seen! Joc reaches through the window and pushes the button to let you in the door to the back.  So, we head on in and I am immediately wheeled in the elevator to the labor and delivery floor.

There are so many details to this whole nightmare.  My doctor wasn't on call so the doctor who showed up I’d never seen before. It took them a while and many tests to figure out what caused my water to break and for me to go into preterm labor.

They found out that Ihad a bacterial infection called Chorio.

Get this...it infects2% of pregnant woman in the US. Jesus has something amazing planned for Chance!

I was transferred by ambulance to Lewisville Medical Center which has a level 3 NICU. Chance stayed in my belly for 1 whole day after my water broke. They wanted to get him out soonbecause the risk of infection increases the longer they left him in.

At 8:03 on Monday, November 19th, Chance McCoy Cappelli entered our world. We hadn't thought of a name yet but after the circumstances, I said, "God's giving him a chance." So, Chance it was!  How wonderfully blessed are we :-)





















No comments:

Post a Comment