Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Beads of courage

Children's has a special program called beads of courage. Every night he gets beads which tells his story of courage. It's really neat!

Every poke, stick, parental first, visit from the care team, sleepover per day, etc gets a different bead. They're beautiful glass beads too!

A couple special ones he's received so far are: 1 from the Chaplain when we first arrived and she prayed over our baby, a glass heart for our first holding!, and an anchor bead which is a symbol of hope.

I can't wait for the day when Chance gets a dove bead. That's the bead when he's discharged from NICU!!

I started stringing a few but they've been out of the A bead for his name for a while. So just waiting on that.

I told the nurses by the times he's discharged, his rope will be able to be strung around the room 2X!

Crazy mom that I am... I check daily to make he receives every bead he's earned. I leave notes like this every other day. Gotta keep them on their toes, right?!

I stand in awe of how strong, brave, and spunky my little guy is. Just knowing that what he's gone through at 15 days days old is more than some have to go through in their whole lives. My little guy is amazing!! Jesus has given him the strength to fight.









4 comments:

  1. Praying for you at the very moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so neat! A special story for him to see as he gets older. Don't worry "crazy mom", I would do the same thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an amazing mother! You and Sweet Chance are in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool! I wish my NICU had beads! Soccermamagg

    ReplyDelete