Friday, December 14, 2012

25 days stronger

This has been quite the morning. Maverick decided to pee on our carpet this morning and it about threw us over the edge. Not just a little pee but a pee starting at the door and trailing about 6 feet. No lie.

Joc and I are walking on such a tight rope. Lord, we're struggling this morning. Joc gave me a big hug and we just said there's nothing we can do to change things and we have no choice but to keep moving on. I am so blessed to have such a strong and steady husband. I know he's struggling and would like to just crawl into a hole like I feel like doing. But, he stands up tall with his head held high for us and keeps on keeping on.

I made it to the hospital not a second to spare. The team was already rounding in front of Chance's room. His lungs still looked a little hazy on the X-ray they did this morning. They're giving more lasix today and tomorrow to get some of the excess liquid off the lungs. They're still wanting to move forward within the next day or so with the cpap or another one, can't remember the name.

Doc Moore thinks they'll do an upper GI next Tues-Wedn to determine if he'll need surgery or not. They'll put a water soluble dye and follow it down through his intestines. If it goes all the way down to his colon without clogging or pouring outside the tract then things are looking positive. If one of the others mentioned above happens then he'll need to go in for surgery.

So, prayers for happy results with his GI results next week.

1 comment:

  1. Praying extra hard for all 3 of you today. I know you are all consumed with your fears for Chance right now, but be sure to take care of your self as well. You have many around you willing to listen to you "vent". Love you guys! The pictures you have been posting are adorable!

    Matthew 11:28-30 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

    John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

    John 16:33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”


    ReplyDelete