Thursday, December 20, 2012

31 Days old and OFF THE VENT!!!!!!


Boooo!! - He was wide awake this morning when I arrived.  The nurses were in there re-taping his tube and when he heard my voice, he moved his head to try and see me!! 

Today was a BIG day for Chance!  He got off the ventilator and onto the cpap.  So, he finally got that annoyingly, uncomfortable tube OUT!  Prayerfully he can remain on the cpap and off the vent.

Also, the surgeon came in and removed his drain.  They taped gauze over it.  They're waiting for it to dry out before doing the GI.  Then, if all is well, feeding will begin. 

Things are looking up everyday for out little guy! 

Today he's 2 pounds and 2.9 ounces.

Here's a couple pictures before putting on the cpap.  He was breathing all by himself with oxygen blowing in his face!  The tube in his mouth sucks out abdomen contents- set to gravity now.




This is what the cpap looks like.  Sorry it's so dark.  The lights were down and I wanted him to settle.  More will come later.



And... here's Maverick waiting to type an email and Bella excited to see me :-)

 


4 comments:

  1. Great news......moving right along!
    I notice he has his hand on the tube again.....little stinker :)

    I think Maverick was interrupted and sayin "what"
    Bella cute as ever. Love and Prayers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley,
    Chance is so precious and sweet! Your words are encouraging and celebrate the very work of our Lord and Savior. God loves us so much and tells us in His word that every hair on our head and breath in our body is seen and heard by Him. He came to this Earth and died for us so that we could have not only eternal life but so that He could rise again on the third day for our being able to have eternal life forever with our heavenly Father.

    God loves you, Joc, and precious baby Chance so much and knows the plans He has for all three of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my my my,!!! I'm jumping up and down!! I cannot tell you how exciting it is to see him on cpap!! Huge milestone and we are praying continually for him to stay off the vent and to begin feedings. Wonderful news and the pictures are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How precious!! Way to go Chance!! Way to go mom and dad!!!

    ReplyDelete