Tuesday, December 11, 2012

22 days old and darn cute pics

Chance is doing very well. He had to go up in bp meds over the night and early morning. He got a dose of hydrocortisone and a saline bolus. Since then, they've been able to wean him down to very little bp meds! They've also been able to wean down on his vent pressure settings. Yay! I hope he can remain stable and happy.

Prayer requests:
Now that we have the PDA crisis resolved we have to look at his bowel issue. The drain is still in place and the surgeon comes to recheck it almost daily. They're going to give it until next week to see if it can resolve itself. If not, they'll have to go in for surgery to take a better look. We all know God is the ultimate healer, it's in His hands. He has another head scan at 1 month to check his brain for bleeding. He did have a grade 1 bleed which is the lowest grade so prayerfully it's gone and hasn't worsened.

He's through his antibiotics on Tuesday and I believe they'll possibly attempt some feedings. We haven't re-discussed the feedings in a couple days so I need to ask about that again.

I missed rounds this morning because Joc and I had a morning appt. I finally made it to the hospital after guiltily running as fast as I could to Walmart and Babies R Us to pick up a few items I desperately needed.

Life as we know it has been sped up to a speed comparable to a NASCAR race! No kidding, Joc and I go through our days with no apparent schedule and situations changing at a drop of a dime.

Being a teacher, I thrive on routine. I'm used to pretty much knowing minute to minute what will come next. My bathroom breaks were even scheduled!! God felt it necessary to throw a wrench in that!! And honestly, I'm ok with that. I don't have much of a choice so I just have to make the best of it.

He did earn a very special bead, a cardiac surgery heart bead. My guy is so brave! I snapped a couple adorable pictures while he was wide awake. Tell me how cute he is!!!! You can start to see him changing.

I also found the perfect little stuffed animal to put in his isolette.







3 comments:

  1. I need to come back up and see that handsome boy! Ember found that same stuffed animal and BEGGED to get it for him:) I will take her to get something for him:)

    Looking for the day you guys bring him home! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's not cute..He's breathtakingly HANDSOME and ADORABLE!! :) We're so glad he's doing better! Still praying for ya'll!! I LOVE the pic of his eyes open!! That totally changes how he looks! Can't wait to hear more updates and see more pics of ya'll's HANDSOME boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you and joc everyday, and baby chance several times a day. I cor 10:13

    ReplyDelete