Thursday, December 6, 2012

17 days old

I'm switching the way I title the daily update posts cause it's confusing me with keeping track of the Children's days and Chance's day old #.  It's easier to keep track of the total NICU days by how old Chance is because obviously he's been in the NICU since day 1.

Chance had his echo done this morning and it showed the PDA still open.  I'm waiting to hear from the surgeons to give our consent for surgery and give us further details pertaining to the surgery.  During rounds, Dr. Moore said he was actually impressed with how well Chance is doing despite his PDA and bowel issue.  That made my heart smile.  The diuretic they gave him yesterday did its job by draining excess liquid off his lungs.  The x-ray done this morning showed his lungs looking better than yesterday's x-ray.  

So, surgery is schedule for tomorrow, Friday morning.  Could be as early as 7-7:30 am.    The doctor said afterwards, he might need some blood pressure meds, could need some upped settings on his vent, and some pain meds.  I pray my little guy begins to THRIVE like no other once he's recovered from the surgery.  
 Feedings could begin as early as next week.  Again, I'm just so in love.  Joc went late last night to the hospital after work and other unmentioned drama.  He said that Chance is just so handsome and melts his heart every time he sees him.  


Here my cutie is 17 days stronger!  Plus, a posting on FB that was shared with me.  Prayers for tomorrow's surgery please!  



                                            




1 comment:

  1. Lord Jesus I lift up this precious baby to You. Heavenly Father you allowed this precious child life. Heal this baby, Lord. You are doctors of all doctors. I ask that you extend Your Almighty Powerful Right Hand over this child and heal him Lord. Work a wonderous miracle in this family's life Lord so that they may testify of your love and mercy. I pray that you give the mom strength, comfort her soul Lord. Place a peace in her heart. Touch her heart Lord so that she may place all of her trust in You. In Jesus Most Holy Precious Name I pray. Amen
    Praying for you all

    ReplyDelete