Thursday, January 24, 2013

Waiting on The Lord

I've written a couple times before how helpless and frustrated I've felt at times through all this. How the only way I've been able to maintain like a halfway sane person has not been through my power alone, but through His power and strength.

Joc and I finally made it to church last night to hear a wonderful message by Pastor Locke out of Philippians 3. In his message he said that the most intimate relationship with The Lord usually occurs during your times of struggle, hurt, and loss. When you're in your darkest of times is when you feel the presence of The Lord the strongest. It is during those times that you're weak enough, still, and oftentimes quiet enough to "hear" from The Lord. “I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry.” Psalm 40:1 (NIV)

This is the 2nd time in my life where the only thing that could comfort me was turning to Jesus. He has shown me peace amidst our storm and given me assurance that things WILL be ok. Yet, how easy it is for us to forget all that comfort and peace and go about our everyday busy, hectic lives forgetting the One person who allows us to even live our busy, hectic lives.

I didn't feel joy or even want to think about rejoicing during the first few weeks after Chance was born but once things settled a bit, I began to feel an overwhelming joy for life. One of excitement and anticipation for what our life will be like when we can bring our baby home. It's tough to think about rejoicing in The Lord through your struggles. But, if He allows you to see the rainbow after the storm, it's a wonderful feeling!

Philippians 4-
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

My prayer request today is for every one of you reading this to stop and give thanks to our Heavenly Father for allowing us to feel the hurt, the pain, the loss, and the sufferings which brings us closer to Him and allows us realize how small and helpless we really are without His love for us.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ash...I was doing my "Chance checkup" and so happy to see his progress. He looks great and keeps getting stronger each day. Great news! I will continue to pray for your family.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete