Thursday, January 10, 2013

52 days old- back on vent

Yep, back to the vent. He just exhausted himself. He lasted much longer this round than he did last time so that's a plus and shows he's getting stronger. Just as they did the time before, they're sending some work ups of his blood, urine, and mucus to check for infection or a virus. After rounds, since he's become less active (hopefully just from exhaustion), they decided he needs a spinal tap to rule out meningitis. The doctor doesn't think he has it but they have to rule it all out to be safe. So, he's already on antibiotics just in case he does have an illness.

I was questioning myself and God yesterday about why this had to happen this way. Could I have prevented it? I had this symptom, etc. Only God knows why and like I've written before, the only reason I can see is to show of His works.

I was reading a blog post this morning from a sweet family that lives here locally. She had twin boys at 23 weeks and only 1 miraculously survived. Her little boy was at Children's as well. During Christmas, they delivered gift bags with a blanket and a nice card of encouragement. Anyways, she wrote this on her blog and its so fitting and so comforting to me. She was talking about asking God "why did this happen?" She said...

In John 9:3, the disciples ask Jesus why a man is blind. They are wondering if he sinned, or his parents sinned and if that is the reason for his blindness. Jesus responds, "It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in Him."

Psalm 73:28 says " But as for me, the nearness of God is my good; I have made the Lord God my refuge, that I may tell of all Your works."  Check out her blog, it's great!  http://bryanandrobynadams.blogspot.com


Thanks for all your prayers! Keep them coming.

Another huge prayer request is for a dear friend, Charlotte. She's been fighting lung cancer and just found out she has brain cancer. Gods in the healing business. Please pray for the healing of her body.


3 comments:

  1. Ashley,

    I have asked myself all of those same questions over and over again. I have wondered so many times if I could have prevented losing our sweet Jett. I have also asked daily why it had to happen. These verses are so comforting. As time goes on, I feel that I am seeing God's works revealed in unexpected ways and places.

    Here's something that I wanted to share with you:

    From "Talking to God" by Naomi Levy:

    "Life is full of mysteries we may never fully comprehend. There are times when we feel in control, when we assume we are the authors of our fate, and there are other times when events force us to recognize our smallness and embrace what we cannot begin to fathom. In the Biblical Book of Deuteronomy, Moses says, "The hidden things belong to God, but the revealed things belong to us and our children." We may never know God's secrets or God's way; we may never uncover the key to occurrences that baffle and astound us. Life's unpredictability teaches us humility; life's mysteries teach us reverence and awe.

    A Prayer for Embracing Life's Mystery--I want to know You, God. I want to see the world through Your eyes. I want to know why things happen the way they do. Help me, God, to accept what I cannot understand, to accept life without constantly trying to control it. Teach me how to bend with life, how to repair what I can repair, how to live with my questions, how to rejoice in Your wonders. When I am faced with events that baffle and astound me, help me to transform my frustration into humility and awe. Teach me to embrace the mystery, God. Remind me to enjoy the ride. Thank You, God, for this spectacular life. Amen."

    Please know that I am praying for you all each day.

    Jamie Speegle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie,

    Thank you so much for sending me that passage. It really helps to read stuff like that. I appreciate all your prayers. Love, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley -
    I just found out today about sweet little Chance - read every one of your posts from the beginning and want you to know that we will be praying every day for you & Joc and your sweet little boy. I have a close friend who delivered her twin girls at 28 weeks - both weighed only a pound - those girls are 7 years old now and doing GREAT - beautiful - happy and healthy. God is good and will take care of this sweet baby. Love and prayers from the Park Family.

    Kelli Park

    ReplyDelete