Friday, January 4, 2013

46 days old

Chance was struggling with breathing over night and into this morning.  He was requiring as much as 60% oxygen and breathing really fast.  They put a hat with a tube that connects to the nasal cannula which delivers better rate and pressure which has helped a lot.  His feedings increased to 3 cc every three hours.  After he got his breathing under control this morning, the nurses haven't been pulling ANY residuals!!  That's HUGE!!  

After rounds today, I learned that his left eye has zone 1 ROP.  That doesn't mean it'll go to zone 2, I guess zone 3 would require treatment.

Prayers for his lungs, feedings, and eyes.

Chance was pretty much exhausted all day while I was there.  I haven't held him in the past 2 days, letting him rest and settle into all these big changes that've occurred.  Hopefully tomorrow I can cuddle with my little hero!  

No comments:

Post a Comment