Tuesday, January 1, 2013

43 days old- Happy 2013

I'm excited about 2013 for one reason... We get to bring our little Chance home! God's brought us through 43 days (oh my gosh 43 days) in the NICU. I know we're not home yet but we're one day closer!

I might've said this before that everyday feels like groundhog's day. I wake up and come straight to the hospital. Stay for the majority of the day, go home, run an errand or two, go to bed and then wake up to repeat the day before. I'm still trying to get accustomed to my new non structured life.

Chance is starting to get some meat on his bones. His little arms and thighs are starting to look fatter. He grew in length, he's now 14.25 inches long. He was 13 at birth and 2 lbs 11 oz

Prayers for a clear GI test tomorrow. Feedings to start and go well. A clear ROP eye exam Thursday. And clear brain ultrasound on jan 13. That's just rechecking his brain for bleeding.

Chance turned 6 weeks on Monday. 31 weeks adjusted. It still blows my head he should still be in my stomach. Someone said to me that we get to watch him grow from the outside instead of not seeing growth from the inside.







2 comments:

  1. Amazing Chance.....that's my new name for him :)
    His coloring is so good now.As soon as all the sickness has subsided around here I will be there to see him.Did not want to bring something to any of you.
    Prayers for ALL the tests to be good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I can definitely see the "meat" on his arms! :-) He's looking great. Praying for his tests!
    Love,
    Megan & Ricky

    ReplyDelete