Friday, January 11, 2013

53 days old- stronger

We're officially off isolation. When cultures are sent you have to mask and gown up until tests come back negative. No fun!

But, they all came back negative!!!! The cultures go for 48 so he can come off antibiotics tomorrow. So, my boy was just plain tired of trying to breath! They already weaned his vent settings and will possibly wean again here this afternoon. He's def more active today. His feeds have increased to 16 ml/3 hrs and he's 3 lb. 7 oz!!!




5 comments:

  1. Omgoodness!!! I can't believe his arms; they are "chubby" lol! I love it!!! Can't wait to see him! I will be by not this week but the next! So handsome & precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers are being answered! He is a tough little guy. I follow you and Chance each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to hear that Chance is getting stronger every day. It is amazing to think how much things like breathing can tire out a little guy! I also love all the pictures you post. It is great to see him getting stronger (and weigh more) each day. I would love to meet up with you in a couple weeks if you could. We were sick over the Christmas break, so I wanted to wait until we were WAY past that. I know you are taking care of Chance, but take care of your self too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! And Hooray! Negative cultures and gaining weight! No wonder he's tired. It's hard work, all this breathing and eating and growing!
    Baby steps moving forward, prayers being answered. We celebrate today with you and keep you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete