Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Home sweet Home! ~ Day 128

The day that Joc and I sought after, dreamed about, prayed for, and all of the above is finally here!  It was very emotional leaving the NICU.  We did a NICU stroll with Chance all buckled into his car seat and stroller to say goodbye to all the nurses and I was able to hold my tears back until we were pulling away.  As we were driving away from the hospital, it hit me that we were FINALLY taking our miracle 25 week micro preemie baby home!  HOME!!!!  Sigh... I'm exhausted.  Our sweet neighbors, Mandy and Jodi, decorated our front yard!!  What a sweet homecoming to see that :-)  Thank you girls!  We have appreciated everyone's homecoming wishes!  I won't go into detail just yet describing Chance's therapy schedule.  We're still working it all out.  But, I do know he will have at home nursing, speech therapy, OT, and PT 2x a week each.  As much as I want to scream just thinking about my new life as a revolving door; I have to keep in mind that our amazing Lord has brought us this far and early intervention is the best intervention!  

Once we got Chance all settled we introduced Maverick to him.  Animals are amazing beings.  He was so sweet and gentle with him like he has this innate instinct of his frailness.  To all of you who are like oh my gosh, that dog, la la la.  We are not planning on leaving Maverick the babysitter to watch Chance while Joc and I go out to dinner and a movie :-o  Bella is enjoying the nice weather outside and hasn't cared enough to come inside to meet him yet!





















3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad y'all are home! It has to be a great feeling, along with a little bit of anxiety. Don't worry - all new mothers feel that way. You will do fine - you've been through the hardest part. I hope to get to meet Chance one day - I feel like he's part of my family - I've checked on him through your blogs everyday since your initial blog and have prayed for him and y'all just about every day. Of course, I will continue to pray that everything goes well and Chance will soon get rid of all the tubes and wires.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love y'all so much!! And I am so excited to have someone to text when I am awake! ;) Kidding. That was just today. I won't do that everytime.... <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you guys and I'm happy to see that Chance is finally home! Adorable pictures!
    Love,
    Megan
    Ricky

    ReplyDelete