Saturday, March 2, 2013

Bittersweet goodbye

Yesterday was my last day working as a first grade teacher. This coming Monday was the date I was due back at school. Ironic that is Chance's original due date. Obviously, there's just no way around making that work out. I sure will miss all my kiddos in 1A! I went to school yesterday to say my goodbyes. I found a perfect book called Oh, So Tiny Bunny which I read and dedicated to the class. It is a sweet book about a tiny bunny who had big dreams. I compared it to how Chance was born so tiny and he will have big dreams too! So always dream big!!!!
My class threw a shower for Chance too. Chance was officially been showered like crazy!! I can't wait until Chance is older to see/read all the cute notes the students wrote for him. Thank you Lorie for helping to make the class shower special for the kids and I ;-)

We're prayerfully only weeks away from bringing him home! Still waiting on Chance to take his bottles consistently. He took 4 full bottles the day before last but yesterday and today, he's only been taking partial.

Our wonderful church threw us a shower for Chance today. Thank you Michelle, Leslie, Amy, and mom for working so hard at making it perfect! We feel immensely blessed to be apart of Temple Baptist's church family! Everyone's continued prayers have been felt and are being answered everyday. Thank you!

Here's some pics of my school showers and the church shower. Maverick and Bella even got a shower gift! I'll lost better church shower pics when I get them.

I told Joc we're going into Baby Organization Mode tonight!!









No comments:

Post a Comment