Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Happy 4 months old!

Chance turned 4 months old yesterday, 2 weeks adjusted. He's come so far. You can see how The Lord has intervened in his life through the collage of his growth.

After 2 full days of eating like a champ, he had a set back yesterday. Not exactly sure what the deal was but he was not into eating AT ALL. So they had to put the tube back in yesterday afternoon. He was gavaged (tube fed) two times last night. Joc and I came this morning and he ate the whole bottle like nothing. So, hopefully that was the last set back. I took it hard yesterday and this morning. I'm just so tired. I've been praying for The Lord to give me strength. Please pray he will continue feeding like he should. Worse case, we'd have to be transferred umm yes transferred to another hospital to have a swallow study done. The study will show if he is swallowing correctly and if he is aspirating or not. Aspirating is when liquid goes in for the lungs. Not good. I don't know. I'm going to express concerns to the doctor today during rounds.

So, here we are, the roller coaster ride is not over yet. Just when I thought we were on our way out and at least just on a kiddy carnival ride. Prayerfully it was just a one day set back.

Psalm 73:26
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (NIV)

Psalm 27:14
Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. (NIV)

Exodus 15:2
The LORD is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him. (NIV)

Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go. (NIV)

2 Chronicles 15:7
But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded. (NIV)

The company who is supplying all of his home oxygen and monitors came to deliver it all. Wow, it's a lot! He's coming home with everything he's hooked up to at the hospital. He'll have his o2 machine, o2 monitor, apnea monitor, plus 2 breathing treatments a day. And all will travel with us if we go anywhere!! Basically, we won't be going anywhere but to appointments! Hopefully he won't have to wear apnea monitor for more than a month.








2 comments:

  1. Praying for you guys!
    Love,
    Megan & Ricky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so disappointed for you as I read your post. I know God's hand has been protected Chance these last 4 months so I am just seeing this as His continued protection over him for these extra days. God is keeping him there for these extra days for whatever reason. Or at least - that's how I try to see things when they aren't according to my plan... God knows what's best for your family and you wouldn't want anything that's not according to His will so I am praying that His will be done for Chance. Hang in there and love on him as much as you are able until he's released! I can't imagine how hard that is, but you are one strong person so I know you can do it-in His strength.
    Love,Lorie

    ReplyDelete