Monday, June 3, 2013

GI follow up with awesome news!!

I got some awesome news at Chance's GI follow up last week.  His doctor was so impressed with his weight gain and progress he has made since he saw her last.  He not only followed his growth curve but shot straight up on it.  She predicts that if he continues making the progress he's made that by 1 year actual he will be ON the growth chart for his actual age!!  So exciting!  Then she said that he doesn't need a g button with the amazing progress he's making.  I have been waiting and waiting for someone to say those magical words to me!  Yay!!!!!  She also said that he looks so great that if she didn't already know that he was a 25 weeker then she'd never guess it herself.  She gave props to me too because she said ultimately a child's progress is up to the parents.  So yay me!!!  Needless to say, I left that appointment very happy!

We go Friday to his cranial technology eval to see about getting the band for his head to shape it.  

Feeding therapy started last week.  I got some valuable suggestions and strategies.  One thing I would've never thought of is bouncing on a work out ball while feeding him.  The bouncing helps to organize/re-organize him to start feeding again.  What was happening was he'd take the first ounce great then have trouble starting again to finish the rest.  The ball has really helped! 

No comments:

Post a Comment