Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Feeding tube free 1 week

I'm still amazed that Chance has been tube free for 1 week today!!  He's really doing great with his feedings. Yesterday we tried feeding smaller amounts more frequently and he actually took more ounces doing it that way. We were only 4 mls away from his daily intake goal!!  I'm going to give you a little glimpse of what I use to track his feedings. Yes, I'm a little crazy and I've been tracking every single ml, yes every single last ml since he came home on March 27. Can you believe it's been a month and a half since he's been home!?!?  Ive since switched Chance over to all formula. Sadly, I quit pumping. I just wasn't getting enough to keep up with it. But, since switching him over, it's done a number on his little system.  I won't go into too much poop detail but he hasn't gone by himself in 7 days. He HAS gone a few times with the help of dear mama!  I've tried a number of things. Now, I'm praying for him to poop on his own. Lol, hey no prayer is too much for our Lord right!?  Anyways, his pedi isn't concerned but gosh I sure am. I just put in a call to his GI doc to get another opinion and some more suggestions.  

So, now you have a new specific prayer request!  

We have a pulmonology appointment today. I called to check on his status with his Our Children's House eval and they said its been sent to insurance and I should hear from scheduling in a week. 




No comments:

Post a Comment