Wednesday, May 22, 2013

2 weeks feeding tube free!

I finally heard back from Baylor's OCH (our children's house) and got his feeding and OT therapy scheduled. I'm excited for him to start feeding therapy. We start both therapies next week. 

He's been officially feeding tube free for 2 weeks now. He was 10 lbs 8oz on 5-7-13 and is now 11 lb 9oz as of last night, 5-21-13. So, we will see how his weight trends by himself. It's still stressful on me worrying that's he not getting enough and praying he gets close to his  daily goal. He just won't sit there and take 2-3 oz in 30 min. He just won't. The most he'll take at a time is 2.5 oz at the most and that's with breaks built in within the 30 min. It's ok. It's just going to take time. Then, I'm already thinking like... Well he's gaining weight but he's not taking more volume so what does that mean?!?  Ugh, the worrying!

But, let me tell you, Chance sure is growing and getting stronger. We do lots of rolling over and tummy time practice. This week when he's on his tummy I will help get his arms in position and he's able to keep them there and lift his head for quite a bit!  He couldn't do this just last week!  It's amazing the progress he's made in just 1 week. Even his OT at home therapist was like wow!!   He's really started playing with hands and touching objects more too. Not really grasping things too much yet but just a little. He loves his little soft lovey pets. He likes to hug them close and put them in his mouth. 

He continues to melt my heart every second of the day. He's talking a lot now and smiling and laughing like crazy.  The most heart warming smiles are those I get at around 2-5 am when I change and feed him!  He is def not a morning person which is opposite of me!  We're always saying what a wonderful, content baby he is. He's am awesome night sleeper too!  Sleeping 3.5-5 hours at a time.  It's sweet to watch Joc and him together. Joc loves his little boy so much. 



No comments:

Post a Comment