Monday, April 22, 2013

Oxygen wean

I started Friday with C's o2 weaning. I would let him go 1 hour on the morning and 1 hour at night and watch his saturation levels. His Pulmanologist said he needed to be above 92. Chance is holding his sats anywhere from 95-98!!!! So we did 1 hour 2x a day for a few days and then today I started with 2 hours 2x a day. After a couple days of this, I'll call pulm doc and they'll send a pulse ox from his office for C to wear overnight to determine if he can be off o2 for good!!! Prayers for that.

The home health company came today to download his apnea monitor. The info is read and sent to Chance's doctors which will decide if we can say adios to that monitor too!

Now it's just the feeding issues. A new speech path with infant feeding experience starts tomorrow so I'm hopeful. I scheduled a GI doctor appt for Wedn. She will help get C on a good diet plan as far as how many cal intake he needs based on his weight. Also, will give some insight on a gtube if that's the route we're going to take. 4 weeks is this week and that was originally how long they said they'd allow. I called his pedi today and were giving it til next week. C has been eating Fairly well the past day or so.

Please pray that The Lord will help C take off on his feeds so a gtube won't be necessary.

I laid C in his crib in his room yesterday to see if he's nap. Nope!! Too new and too much excitement!











4 comments:

  1. I mentioned this on bbc, but I really think chance needs a chance to try without the ng tube. Dylan took off once the ng tube was out. He just seems so much happier! The ng increases reflux too because it keeps the valve open. D's feeding isn't perfect, but he eats about 19 ounces a day of 24cal formula/breast milk. He needs it thickened too so we use Enfamil ar which is already thickened.

    I hope the new speech person will be really helpful!

    And if you end up getting the gtube which I know no one wants, think how muh peace of mind you'll gain not having to worry about how much he eats all day! You can practice and then make up the difference while he sleeps. In my research most moms wished they had gotten it sooner. (Soccermamagg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I'm praying he'll continue eating as well as he has been the past day or so. Then, we can try it!

      Delete
  2. I FINALLY got a chance to catch up on all the posts! It is SO AWESOME seeing what God has done in the little guy's life!! And I can't even describe the excitement I felt when I saw ya'll were home now!!! God is so good!! We're still praying for ya'll and can't wait to see all the miracles God will continue to do in ya'll's lives! We love ya'll!

    Ryan and Melanie Cox

    ReplyDelete