Saturday, April 13, 2013

Early morning shenanigans

Waking up every 3 hours at night is not easy business!  I was literally half asleep last night when I woke up at 1 am to heat up a bottle and I proceeded to pour the milk inside the warmer instead of placing the bottle in it.  LOL!  Then, I woke up this morning and found Chance's pee pee diaper that I'd changed at 4 am under MY pillow!  How it got there, I have no idea :-/  Thank gosh I wrapped it up so it wasn't all open.

We had our 1st (I'm sure many more to come) heart attacks the other night, Chance has his apnea monitor that he wears all the time and we have it plugged into a power strip.  Well, for whatever reason, the power strip turned off somehow.  In doing so, it made the apnea monitor go off which is so dang loud it could literally wake the dead.  Talk about scaring you half to death.  That's a sound you never want to hear cause it means your baby has quit breathing.  Any who, C's pack n play is closest to my side of the bed.  When the alarm went off we both flew out of bed and Joc managed to make it over to him before I did!  Thank the Lord it was only a false alarm. We haven't heard hide nor hair from that alarm since he's been wearing it.  


Chance and I had our first alone outing yesterday to Lowe's!  Yes, Lowe's!  There's no germs at Lowe's right?!  I figured it's big and open and we spent most of the time outside picking flowers anyways!  It's really not that big of deal carting all his equipment around.  He doesn't have to wear his pulse ox monitor 24/7 now so that's one less machine!  Really it's just his o2 tank and his apnea monitor.  Hey, I'm not the 1st mom that's had to do it.  


Tonight, we're going on our first family outing (other than to appointments) to dinner at Uncle Julio's-- on the patio!! (there's no germs at mexican food restaurants either) Happy for the nice weather finally!

Chance loves being on his tummy so tummy time isn't a chore for him.  He is getting so strong, he's now able to do the mini push ups!  Check him out...


 

Prayer requests:
Please pray that Chance's swallow study on Tuesday goes well and that there's no major swallowing complications.  Also, pray that C's right vocal cord will move over to 100% fully compensate for his paralyzed left one.  Lastly, pray for the continued healing of C's lungs.






P.S. Joc totally did not want me to put this picture of him on the blog but it's so stinking cute of the two of them, I just couldn't resist!  He never reads the blog, so he'll never know!!! Hahahaaaaa!

7 comments:

  1. He is so stinkin cute!!

    He has the "T Cappelli belly" lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read your entire blog (and shed many tears!). What a BEAUTIFUL little boy you have. My daughter, Mollie, is a preemie as well. My due date was March 13, 2013 (close to Chance's!!) and went into preterm labor on Dec. 2 @ 25 weeks 4 days. I was admitted in the hospital and was on strict bed rest until my water broke on January 2. I delivered Mollie (who is healthy and thriving!!) on January 2 @ 30 weeks. Your story reminded me of how blessed my family is and how awesome God is!! Thank you for that!! I will pray for your sweet little Chance and look forward to reading more of your posts to see how your sweet little guy is doing!
    :). Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie- thank the Lord you Mollie was able to hang on until 30 weeks! Thank you so much for your prayers...so very appreciated. Where did you find Chance's blog? Love, Ashley

      Delete
    2. I found your blog on Baby Center "Preemie Parenting". I was so drawn to it because of how close our due dates were. I started reading it and couldn't put my phone down until I got to the end...it was like reading a good book you just can't put down. I cried so many times for you and relived so many memories while reading it.

      Delete
    3. Ok, yeah I was thinking that was where. I love that site!

      Delete
  3. Great update!! He is so cute. I cannot wait to meet him in person. Your flower bed looks great too!! :)
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jodi! Next time I have him outside, i'll text u. I'm really waiting for rsv and all the other funk that is still going around to be totally gone before having much visitors. But, outside is safe enough!

      Delete