Thursday, February 7, 2013

Day 80

I'm thinking we'll probably hit 100 days in the NICU. Wow and not something I'm too excited about. But, Chance has grown and healed so much during these last 80 days that's all I care about. I can't remember if I mentioned that he made it to 5 pounds!! Yay! He's actually 5.2 lbs. his eye exam today went fabulous. The doc said his eyes look better than they did 2 weeks ago and they're growing normally. Stage 2 (mild) zone 3. Zone is the location where the ROP takes place so zone 3 is where the blood vessels form last around be edges of the retina. It's of least concern. So, Chance doesn't need to be reexamined for 3 more weeks!!

They had to go back up 1 on his cpap pressure yesterday. They had weaned to 4 and he lasted about 36 hours but just tired out. So, he's back to 5 and they'll try again in a couple days.

They're thinking he's also refluxing a bit too because he's been dropping his heart rate around feeding times.

The mark on his little nose is from some tape they had there holding the nasal cannula in. Ugh. I love holding hands with my little guy! Also, some pics from his bath. The baby doll is a practice baby we're using with Maverick!! The shirt it is wearing, Chance had on the day before last.













1 comment:

  1. He looks great and so much stronger! Yay!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete