Sunday, February 24, 2013

1st full bottle feed

Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice. Phil 4:4

I feel like shouting from the top of a mountain I'm so excited. Chance's night nurse texted me around 1 am and said he'd taken ALL of his bottle. It took him 30 min and some Brady's (heart rate drops) but he did it!!! He's dropping his heart rate because he's forgetting to breath while sucking and swallowing. I was so excited I was up from around 3:30 when I got the text and called to hear the glorious details for myself to around 5:30. Just laying in my bed listening and praying to God. He immediately brought Phil 4:4 into my mind that this is def something to rejoice about. But, also to rejoice in the hard times. Notice it says always, not just in the happy times. I've been very frustrated and impatient these past few days. Chance has been struggling to learn his feeds and we are so close to home. One of my fav day nurses, Megan, spoke with a another nurse yesterday and relayed what they discussed. It made me feel so much better. Babies start to nipple around 33-34 weeks old unless there's other issues going on. Chances breathing wouldn't allow him to get to a low enough breathing flow on his cpap to begin nippling until he was later 37 weeks. So, Chance was like 5 weeks behind on practicing and learning to nipple so he's doing exactly what he should be doing. Especially after all he's been through. Chance is my biggest hero. He's such a sweet and happy baby. Seems laid back...Hope that continues.

Another verse that The Lord brought to me this morning:
Psalm 40:2

He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.

Nana got to hold last night for the first time too! Plus, Chance got visits from my BFF Andrea and Amber who came all the way from Houston!! Chance can't wait to use all his stuff :-)



















1 comment:

  1. That's exciting news, still praying for ya'll

    ReplyDelete