Monday, September 2, 2013

Intensive feeding therapy program



It's only a day away...We check in tomorrow by 11 am. I have a lot of different emotions going on. I feel drained, sad, and anxious today. I'm desperate for help so I'm excited for professionals to give their opinion.  It's just so draining trying to feed a child who just won't eat. He basically will only eat now while sleeping. When awake, he won't latch on to bottle and suck. He's even started to not do well with solids. He'll refuse to swallow. Oh my God we need help and prayers.  I know God performs miracles and that's what I'm praying for. My faith seems to be waning in this area at the moment. Like no end in sight. But I know better than to think like that. I know God has a much bigger plan than that.

I just started a bible study on Luke 17 - Loving like Jesus, thru Good Morning Girls (http://www.goodmorninggirls.org/) 

These key verses are oh so fitting to my soul!  Isn't it neat how The Lord reveals to you just what you need right when you need it and how it seems to apply to what's happening in your life at that moment?!


Please pray that through this program Chance will learn to eat happily, willingly, and consistently. Also, that The Lord will completely remove any aversion he's developed. 

Also- please be in prayer for our close friends Ricky and Megan Whitaker. Megan went through a series of strokes on Saturday and it did some damage. Please pray for a full recovery with no lasting effects and for Rick to have peace and faith. 

Thank u. Will keep you updated on our feeding journey and Megan's recovery. 

On a positive note- chance sat unassisted for a good 5 mins yesterday!!
Grammy Jen Jen with her grandsons!


First time in stroller!


First car!


Cousins helping babysit with Aunt Shannon


2 comments:

  1. I have totally enjoyed catching up on your story. Makes me wish I would have documented mine. That poem about how preemie mamas are chosen had me in tears it is so beautiful. I pray for a positive outcome on your eating program and that Chance does well also. Be blessed.

    Karenne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karenne- that poem always brings me to years each time I read it. How old is your child now? Preemie? Thank you so much for your prayers ;-)

      Ashley

      Delete